What's in a name???

Like mentioned in my earlier blogs, I have been working on my baking. And i bake regularly now. So I'm getting there....inching my way to a being a perfect Baker!
Recently I made these lovely biscuits,orginally inspired from a baking book . They were called Melting Moments, However since I improvised on them and tweaked the recipe a little, I'm taking the liberty of naming them 'Snow drops'...chessy and corny but my own name!
Anyways lets get to the details of getting it done.
I used a cup of softened butter, approx 250gms.
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1/2 cup of cornflour
1/2 cup of icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
150ml milk
Preheat the Oven to 350 degree fahrenheit.
Start off by beating the butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence.beat till the mix becomes light and fluffy.
Next stir in the combined flours, preferably in two batches.
Mix the dough well. Add a little milk , till the dough resembles a consistency where you can roll out balls.
With lightly buttered palms roll out small balls. Press them down , 3-4cms apart on a baking tray.
Flatten them and bake in the moderately slow oven for about 15mins. Stand for 5mins before taking them off to cool.
And Voila!!! our Snow drops are ready to melt...Snow drops or Melting Moments....tastes wonderful anyway.

Comments

betty said…
Beautiful,yummy site-love the pictures and great info,thank you- Betty

Popular Posts