Spring Onion and Cheese Tart


This is a recipe adapted from the Spinney's Food Magazine. It may not look as appetising as on the magazine...but I'm sure it tastes much better, if not same!

For this you will need Fresh Spring onions
A block of Goat Cheese ( I couldn't get hold of Goat Cheese, hence used Feta Cheese)
Puff Pastry sheets
Olive oil
ground cumin
ground fennel

Firstly preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
Prepare the Onions by cleaning them and trimming the roots off. Try and keep the stems similar in length.
Steam them for 7-10 mins or until tender.
Next you line the pastry sheet on a greased baking sheet. Crimp the edges of the pastry sheet. Prick the surface with a fork all over. Slice thin slices of the cheese and arrange them on the pastry. Next arrange the spring onion stems over the cheese.
Brush with Olive oil and sprinkle the powdered cumin and fennel.
Bake for around 30-35 mins and serve hot from the oven.

Comments

Varsha Vipins said…
Nice one Blessy..anything with puff pastry n I am game..:)..n those cookies below look too good..amazing I say for a beginner..:)
Thanks for the kind words on my space..cya..:)
hugs
Anonymous said…
Great post! I’m looking to make some changes in my own eating habits, so I appreciate your insight a lot! Thank you. I recently stumbled upon this blog like I did yours and I thought your readers may appreciate it: http://burisonthecouch.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/food-for-thought/

I’ve started to look for their stuff more regularly and I think I’m going to add your blog to my list as well. Thanks for the post!

-Amy
Unknown said…
wow..that looks smashing...Love it...:)

Dr.Sameena@

http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts