It is a New Year again




Hello all who missed my new entries...and also to those who didn’t realise that I took a long sabbatical from blogging!!! No hard feelings you see…moreover at the fag end of this long and trying year.
So its that time of the year when most of the orthodox souls like your’s truly starts thinking up of ‘Resolutions’ to make… (not necessarily keep) for the coming new year. For this year I have just one and that too…quite an achieveable one. So my resolution for this coming New Year is…No no….Not to lose weight, on the contrary in a way to gain some more….I mean I am going to learn to bake!
So will keep you all posted with updates.
I have this real quick and simple, yet yummy candy for you all to try out.
This is one of my sister’s many superb recipes. There might be many with similar procedures but this is the one I have tried and loved.
This one is Candied Amla, or Indian Gooseberry.
Firstly you need to steam the Amlaas, until they crack. Then keep them out for a while and wipe them clean. Try and make them as dry as possible. Then transfer them to a clean n dry container. Pour in pure honey so as covering all the berries.
Keep them soaked for almost a fortnight. Make sure to shake them or stir them daily.
Then transfer the berries onto butter paper or to any dry flat container. Dry them under the sun daily for another 5-7 days. If you like it tangy you can sprinkle some Chat masala or Amchoor (dried mango) powder.
Guaranteed not to last too long in your tins!

Comments

Popular Posts