Tiring days, lovely recipes...

I am champion of the ‘Cooking as therapy’ theory. I believe it and practice it faithfully.
But there are these stray days where all theory and philosophy step out of the big wide window and take a long walk.
Yesterday was one such day, flesh was failing and spirit lay low.
I’ve heard, true character is recognized in the darkest hour…! Like a blessing my husband comes to rescue with a ‘secret’ recipe at hand. He whipped it in a jiffy.
He started out with a few chicken sausages, he chopped them real neat. Nice, oblong slices then sprinkled a little chilly powder, black pepper powder and curry powder over them. Then cut onions and slit a few chillies. Mind you, all this at a very good pace and looking utterly professional! As I watched, he heated the oil; added mustard seeds. When they crackled, he added the onions. Sautéed for a minute. Then he added my favourite ingredient to dishes, ginger-garlic paste .Mixed it thoroughly and let it turn to an appetizing golden brown. Now came the turn to add the sliced sausages followed by a generous splash of light Soya sauce and a tiny pinch of salt. The smell was yummy. Meanwhile he stirred up a bowl of ‘Coleman’s’, Sweet and Sour sauce (See Pict). Once the sausages were cooked to his taste (approximately 5-7mins) he added a little of the sweet and sour sauce, and kept mixing it.
Finally, the Sweet and Sour Chicken Sausage came off the flame and right into my plate.
I am sorry I don’t have a picture. By then I realized it, there was just a piece of onion left.
Let me tell you, try it. It is really tasty and if you probably get a little creative and add mushrooms or green peppers, it will be a gorgeous treat.

Comments

Popular Posts